[thechat] LOTR!

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Wed Dec 19 12:50:24 CST 2001

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 09:03, dave mclean wrote:
> Just woke up having arrived home at 2:30am.  We saw Lord of the Rings last
> night because one of the theatres here was having it show starting at 10pm.

Me too. :)  We had a 12:01am showing and I got home at 4am.  They played
it on 2 screens here and both were sold out.(~400 seats/screen)

I thought the movie was fabulous!  My girlfriend even enjoyed the movie
having never heard of LOTR until a couple months ago.  Having read LOTR
a few times, the movie stayed fairly close to the book. There are a
couple things that are glaringly different, but I can understand the
changes in order to make the the story fit onto the screen better.  The
hard core tolkien geeks will probably get pissed at the differences and
omissions from the movie, but who cares!  I can't wait to see the next
two.

--

jeremy
http://www.webhack.com

<grin>who's going to go see it again tomorrow</grin>