[thechat] quake3 and firewalls..

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Dec 26 14:32:59 CST 2001

hola -

i've recently rediscovered the joy of quake3 on my linux box at home..
after doing fairly well for a week now in single player mode, i'm ready
to play online now and get bitchslapped by (mostly)male teenagers of the
world..

i have roadrunner cable at home, and have a linux based NAT box in front
of my home lan that has about 4 boxes connected to it to share net access.

my question is, what ports on my firewall/nat box do i need to open up
to play quake3 online? appreciate any help :)

.djc.