has tea quality diminished? (was Re: [thechat] Genetically Superior M&Ms)

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Dec 28 12:45:24 CST 2001

> In contrast to a similar experiment carried out by a teenager regarding
> the Tetley claim that each tea bag has "10000 perforations to let the
> flavour flood out"
>
> Don't remember how many bags he assessed, though.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

My wife and I have noticed lately that our tea tastes different. The folks
at Lipton claim that it's probably due to shipping delays/problems caused by
9/11 and sent us coupons for new tea. Bought some Tetley, and it tastes the
same. Just had some Bigelow Darjeeling, and even that wasn't as good as I
remember. Maybe it's time to go back to bulk Earl Grey from my local health
geek store.

(As if a murrican would know tea from taurine.) So, what brands of tea do
you real tea-drinkers buy?