[thechat] Domain Name

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 2 11:17:45 CST 2002

I'm interested in registering my first name as a .ca domain name.
Problem is, someone else got it before I did. Even though my first name
is relatively unique, am I correct to assume that in the eyes of
regulators, I do not have priority over it? The name currently belongs
to a company called "Beau Enterprises". Assuming that "Beau Enterprises"
does not exist, and that the fellow holding the domain name is simply
trying to sell it, will I have a better chance of getting the domain
without paying through the nose?

Thanks,

Beau