[thechat] Cute little computer!

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Mon Jan 7 14:52:38 CST 2002

At 12:45 PM -0800 1/7/02, spinhead wrote:

>I've heard quite a bit about overheating probs with the Cube. Is this gonna
>be better?
>
>>  Cute little computer!
>  > http://www.apple.com/imac/
>  >

I hope so.

I noticed that they made no mention of cooling or fans. The original
iMac had no fan, but I don't know if the new one (the G4 is a hotter
running chip) has one or not. It'd be cool if it didn't. Silent
machines are neat.

One would assume that (especially in light of the cube issues) they
have tested it and re-tested it to make sure it didn't get too hot.
There's no way to know until they're out there though.

bob

--
bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org