[thechat] Now what! (Microsoft investigating alleged flaw in IE browser)

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 22:56:44 CST 2002

> >Three cheers for Opera, Mozilla, Konqueror, Galeon and
> Netscape!
>
> And a shout out for OpenOffice6, (the beta version is
> fantastic and final
> version is due out in a couple of months) and Evolution
> (which just rocks
> generally).
>
> So, lets see....that's browsing, office apps, and
> email/calendaring/
> groupware taken care of.
>
> Someone tell me why people still use Windows again?

Cause when they try to set up linux for the lan to connect
to the net, just running it hogs 48 mb out of 64 mb of ram,
and with whatever their gui is called again is running it
sucks up all 64 mb with no programs running, and it's
extremely hard to set up, even when your father has years
of experience in unix based qnx, and it takes multiple
attempts just to get the damn thing installed?

Yes, I'm bitter. :P Damn redhat

=====