[thechat] What Linux Apps WAS: Now what!

Mike King mike.king at redroom.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 05:21:52 CST 2002

Right, I'm intrigued to find out what people use on Linux for thier 'core'
programs... by that I mean:

email
browsers
news reader
irc client
instant message client (all types icq/yahoo/aim etc)
word processor, spreadsheet or office style packages.

I'm not completely ready to swap over yet, 'cause I keep killing any linux
box that I use by playing with it too much (but that's how I learnt
DOS/Win3.1/Windows98/WinNT/Win2k... so I'm not giving up.)

Cheers
mk