[thechat] Now what! (Microsoft investigating alleged flaw inIE browser)

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Wed Jan 9 10:09:03 CST 2002

> Geeze, that almost sounds like a Macintosh.  Hmmm... Wait a second, we've
> got all that too!  So tell me, why are people still using Windows?

Our Board of Directors is negotiating with potential investors for multiple
boatloads of money. The potential investors use Microsoft Excel, and they'd
like to see our data in Excel format, please. Tell me you'd send them a Star
Office spreadsheet with instructions on workaround for the quirks.

We all know that *nix is more stable and Mac OS is better for a million
reasons, too, but until all the people I do business with (and who make it
possible to feed and clothe myself and my children) convert to something
else, I'll put up with Windows. Yup; I've got TWO Macs (one at home, one in
the office) and a Red Hat 7.1 box, but guess what machine I'm sending this
from? ;)

joel