[thechat] Now what! (Microsoft investigating alleged flaw in IEbrowser)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Jan 10 10:09:03 CST 2002

on 1/10/2002 5:02 AM, Ron White at ronwhite at members.evolt.org wrote:

> I'd say trying to train a bunch of technophobes on a bunch of new software
> would not be worth the cost savings...

But then you'd have to run the numbers for training anyway. And mostly, the
productivity software out there is not rocket science - how many different
ways can you have a Word Processing application work?

> have you ever tried it?

I'm glad you asked! No. However, as a person with scads of family who always
seem to seek me out to tell them how to use software - I know this much -
the key is to figure out what they *want* to do and *need* to do, and teach
them that. If you idiot proof the system as much as possible, sure it's
possible to train technophobes.

What makes you so against new ideas? :-) [I felt I should leave you with the
same kind of thankless question you left me with]

    - Joe <http://artlung.com/>