[thechat] new topic - hypnosis

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Jan 10 12:35:08 CST 2002

Bob Davis wrote:

> Joe - have you got any insights on hypnosis and smoking? (healthy lungs
> is a subject near and dear to Joe, for those of you who might not know)

Not really -- the smoking cessation angle was not really my side of the
equation -- I got to see people on the downward slope of what smoking
can do to the body -- cancers of various kinds, emphysema, heart
disease. But I've talked to hundreds of smokers *about* their smoking
and heard the same thing many times -- "I know it's bad for me, but I
can't quit."

So I'd be inclined to support *anything* which supports a person's
desire to quit smoking -- because people with an addiction can use all
the help they can get. Hypnosis is the real deal, studies show that they
help decrease people re-starting smoking. So good for you Bob!

Wish I had better information than that Bob. :-) But since you asked... :-)

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>