[thechat] new topic - hypnosis

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Jan 10 14:28:32 CST 2002

Bob wrote:

>Ok, since I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for bringing up the Silk thread

yeah, you big troll-monster.

>I thought I'd bring up hypnosis

I've heard excellent & amazing things about hypnosis helping even the
most hard-core smokers quit cold-turkey.  I suppose, like anything, a
big part of it is the skill of hypnotist and the commitment of the
client.

I agree with the part about "who you hang out with" though.  I'm an
"ab und zu" smoker (that's how I explained it in Germany, anyway)

I'm a chipper.  Immer noch.

The worst for me are friends & partners.  Sitting around with a
smoker, I also want to smoke.  Sitting around with nonsmokers, no
smoking for me either.  It's kind of a social disease, at least for
me.

Erika