[thechat] Something Else...Sci-Fi I Guess (Was: Silk?)

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Fri Jan 11 01:41:55 CST 2002

On 10 Jan 2002 at 14:28, Erika Meyer posted a message which said:

> I personally enjoy the use of "x" as a sub for other letters...
> but as a child I was always a bit puzzled by the "Deer XING" signs.
> http://www.petsignsplus.com/oswildlife/odeer.html

Xing out something is deleting it. Deer Xing signs mean you're supposed
to run over them suckers.

The signs are stupid, though. Did you know that kamikazi deer kill more
people each year than lions and tigers and bears, oh my?  The only
species more deadly than deer are bees. A lot of people die from bee
stings. (Oh, yeah, and and people. They kill a lot of people, too.)

deke

--------
We are the parents our people warned us about....