[thechat] new topic - hypnosis

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 05:33:54 CST 2002

--- Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu> wrote:
> Bob wrote:
> >I thought I'd bring up hypnosis
>
> I've heard excellent & amazing things about hypnosis
> helping even the
> most hard-core smokers quit cold-turkey.  I suppose,
> like anything, a
> big part of it is the skill of hypnotist and the
> commitment of the
> client.

sometime during the seventies my father took us on a
trip to zürich, switzerland.  while my mum went for a
shopping bummel with the kids, my father, a heavy
chain smoker at the time, went to see a hynosis
expert.  he must have been pretty desperate because
he's definately not the person who believes in
anything like hypnosis.  he came back 2 hours later
with a strangely dazed look in his eyes and he hasn't
touch a cigarette since, in fact he's developed into a
militant non-smoker.  since hypnosis worked on my
father i have no doubts about its powers.

iris

=====