taller capitol building (was Re: [thechat] Something Else...Sci-Fi I Guess (Was: Silk?))

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Jan 11 17:23:51 CST 2002

> > (b) that the Texas State Capitol building is the only state capitol
> > building taller than the US capitol.)
>
> Actually, the Colorado state capital building towers over both of them
> by thousands of feet.

I believe you're thinking of elevation, since being 'tall' refers to the
distance from an item's base to its top, not from sea level to its top.

tall
adj. tall·er, tall·est
  1..
    1.. Having greater than ordinary height: a tall woman.
    2.. Having considerable height, especially in relation to width; lofty:
tall trees.
  2.. Having a specified height: a plant three feet tall.
height
n.
  1..
    1.. Abbr. h The distance from the base of something to the top.