[thechat] Audio: tape to CD?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Jan 14 15:19:38 CST 2002

On 03:08 PM 1/14/2002, Erika Meyer said to me:
>Is there any way to convert songs from a cassette tape to CD?
>
>Someone claims it is possible using a double ended headphone jack to
>connect the cassette player to the computer.
>
>I've got the tape player and a wire a double ended headphone wire, but
>beyond that,  I'm stumped.  I have a Mac OS9 with iTunes and iMovie.
>
>Is this really possible to do?  If so, do I have the right ingredients?

I think so.

If I remember correctly, you have to tinker with the Sound control panel
under Inputs.  I think if you wire the tape player out to the microphone in
of the Mac and then if you set the Inputs in the Sound control panel to
Built-in and then select "Sound In,"  that would do the trick.  *I think.*

It's been a little while since I've done something like that.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/