[thechat] LoA

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Mon Jan 14 16:54:10 CST 2002

Last night I watched Lawrence of Arabia on DVD.

Is everyone else hip to the fact that you can plug your home stereo DVD
player into an LCD projector (you know, the one that you borrow from work)
and then just aim it at the largest blank wall you've got? Just turn off all
the other lights, and away you go to movie land. In my set-up, I get about a
60" diagonal for wide screen formats. Much better than my 21" tv would
yield. Works best with surround sound, of course.

Anyway, it's a great way to see movies like, well, Lawrence of Arabia.
That's a beautifully photographed motion picture. Amazing.

matt g