[thechat] Re:LoA

jay.blanchard at thermon.com jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Thu Jan 17 16:27:44 CST 2002

 >Young Frankenstein ... for an 'other highly touted Mel movie.

Absolutely, and even though it's not Mel Brooks I might have to get Rocky
Horror Picture Show...which my significant other has never seen!

 >Do you have kids?  Would be a great excuse to pick up the 'Wallace &
 >Gromit' films... or maybe the old Rocky and Bulwinkle stuff.

Good idea...I do have a nearly pre-teen daughter...she may appreciate this
stuff. And if she doesn't I'll use her as an excuse....

 >Would 'comedy classics' include Abbot and Costello, Martin and Lewis,
 >Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers kinds of things?

selectively..

 > ... or are we talking Red Skelton, Imogene Coco, Burns and Allen, Lucy,
Carol
 >Burnett, Sid Ceasar, Milton Berle, Ernie Kovacs kind of shtick?

Yes! Jonathon Winters, old George Carlin, you know...smart comedy! :)

 >For older things, how 'bout Tracy & Hepburn in Adam's Rib or the Thin
 >Man series?  They count?

Hadn't thought of these, good picks...

 >Musically; Victor Borge, Spike Jones?

I thought I was the only one who actually listened to these things in my
office. And they may be available on DVD? Hold me back! I have every Spike
Jones album on vinyl (slowly transferring to CD), and three Victor Borge
albums (I look at the antique record store for more every couple of months
and my name is on the list if they come in).

I am going to host a comedy classics marathon weekend thing when it all
comes together.

Jay