[thechat] Mandrake Linux

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 29 15:08:00 CST 2002

What's the grep command look like that you are using?  The form is:

   grep pattern [files]

If you don't include a file list, grep will search STDIN.

I'm guessing your partitions are:

   hda0 - /
   hda6 - swap space

To re-install, try booting from CD again.  It should prompt you to
redo the install.  At least, it used to in Red Hat distributions.

Dean