[thechat] Mandrake Linux

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Tue Jan 29 16:09:00 CST 2002

Grep uses regular expressions to search for strings in a file.  For example,
if i had a file containing email addresses that I wanted to extract all .uk
addresses from, I would use the following command:

grep *.uk myemailfile.txt

Its a very powerful command - you can find more info by using the "man grep"
command to read the help page.

Hope that helps ( it is one of the very few *nix commands I know )

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com