[thechat] skools

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 29 18:45:00 CST 2002

<>

My undergrad and grad part time jobs were in libraries, and the worst
-- I mean the "I'm gonna bite right through my hand and the counter
held in an iron grip of fear and loathing" WORST -- patrons were
education students. And the worst of that lot were the graduate
education students.
Anyhow, long story short: she had no idea whatsoever what a Dewey
decimal code was. She was a graduate student of education who had
been at the university for over 5 years and, worse still, was soon to
graduate in order to become either: a) a university lecturer of
education; b) a secondary school senior staff member; or c) a
headmaster.

<>

I think this proves my point EXACTLY, morons are going into teaching because
they can't do anything else...

Ron