[thechat] [hockey] Stars' coach fired, GM replaced

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 30 01:03:02 CST 2002

On 2002.01.29 08:14, Ben Dyer wrote:

>> anyway, as for dallas... at least you guys are in a playoff position.
>> Ugh... talk about a tailspin.
>>
>> Things are rough here.  Maybe we can borrow Hitch for our team?  You still
>> thinking of coming up  at the end of March?
>
> It could be worse...you could be a Capitals fan. :(
>
> They are the only team in the world that could figure out a way to be 2nd
> in the Division and 12th in the Conference at the same time.
>
> <http://www.washingtoncaps.com/games/standings.cfm>

Hey, that makes me feel much better. The Flames did manage to beat Minnesota
last night.  Phew.  But c'mon, I have a reason to worry.  We've missed the
play-offs for _five_ straight seasons.  And they let 16 of 30 teams into the
big show.  It's tough in the "small" market (read: our dollar f*cking
sucks.)

Anyway, I hope they do better after the All-Star break this weekend.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org