[thechat] Printer Problems driving me INSANE, help???

Chris and Danielle Johnston cdjohnston4 at rogers.com
Wed Jan 30 17:25:00 CST 2002

Sorry if this posts twice, I didn't see it the first time.

Hello,

I am having a printer problem that is simply driving me nuts. What is
happening is this:

I start a print job and everything goes fine for the first or second
page, then half way through the second, third, forth page, the computer
simply loses the printer. The page stops printing half way through and
if nothing happens from that point on. To fix the problem I have to
reboot the computer in order to clear the print spooler.

Yes, I have tried reinstalling the printer drivers, this was the first
thing that I did, and I have done it several times.

Okay, a little tech specs:

Printer: Epson Stylus Color 740 USB
Mobo: Abit KT7A Raid
OS: Windows 2000 & Mandrake Linux 8.1

I have also tried switching USB ports incase this was the problem, so
far nothing I have tried has worked.

On another, slightly related topic, I used to have an agfa USB scanner
that would almost always stop half way through a scan and never finish.

Anyone ever have this experience, or have some advice? This is driving
me insane. I can't figure out if it is a problem with the software, or
if I have a hardware problem with my USB ports.

HELP?!?!?!?

Chris