[thechat] farscape

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 06:10:01 CST 2002

--- Kath <Kath at cyber-kat.com> wrote:
> According to the web site, it was called "Fractures"
>  I was under the
> impression that that was the last episode of the
> season.

nope, you're missing about 4 episodes.  weird way of
doing it, splitting it up like that.  i don't
understand broadcasters sometimes.

> I love the way Crichton keeps using Earth
> expressions and references to TV
> shows and movies.  I think it gives a connection
> that didn't exist in any
> of the Star Trek variations.  They have made it easy
> for us to put
> ourselves in Crichton's place.  He's easay to relate
> to.

yeah, i know what you mean, but that will make it age
really quickly too.  just think of how ridiculous
'star trek: TOS' looks now.  and even 'the next gen'
makes me cringe sometimes, although the 80s aren't
that long gone.  but i did prefer the 80s' diplomacy
(picard) to the 90s' militarism (janeway).  sometimes
i wish we could go back to that.  but times change.
and humans change.  and culture changes.

iris

=====