[thechat] Defining National 'Web Skills'

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Fri Feb 1 13:14:00 CST 2002

Hi Gang,

I finally wrote my notes up from that research I participated in up in
Dallas a couple of weeks ago.

To reset - I was asked to participate in a focus group session of 'web
workers' to help the U.S. Department of Labor define "web skillz".

While they have further research to conduct, the initial draft of their
findings should be available later this summer.  (So this is kind of a
'sneak' preview!)

Eventually this work is expected to develop into a national
'certification process' to help employers understand what skills they
should expect when they hire a 'web developer' and to help job seekers
understand what skills they will need to get a job as a 'web worker
bee'.

Here are my notes:  http://members.evolt.org/ronl/Junk/Overview.html

RonL.
("You may now return to your regular programming ....")