[thechat] Weird stories

Shirley Kaiser skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat Feb 2 02:53:00 CST 2002

At 12:24 AM 2/2/2002, you typed:
>It must be the season of weird stories. Patti told me about this story:
>
>Woman breastfeeds abandoned baby monkey
>http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_510616.html?menu=news.latestheadlines
>
>(No, not all of us Indians are that freaky ;)
>
>I then mailed it to a few of my friends. One of them replied that it
>couldn't hold a candle up to this one:
>
>Man's sex with goat
>http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002050329,00.html
>
>I canna' believe it, Cap'n.
>
>Madhu

Madhu,

Oh, my God. I sat here first debating whether or not I even wanted to go
look. However, I've had quite an emotional night and figured a diversion
could be interesting. Well, it was definitely a curious situation, that's
for sure!

<sigh> Well, it least it brings me back to the daily life stuff. :-)

Here in California we've had some what we thought were terrorist scares
this week. Two small airplanes flew over San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
8 times a night or two ago.... By the time the fighter jets got there the
planes had disappeared. They reported that the two planes landed a bit down
the coast at a small airstrip but that's all they knew. I don't scream at
the TV very often, but tonight I did (and my dog freaked and hid under a
chair! He's used to me being so nice all the time....). They've got army
patrols standing on the Bridge with machine guns and supposedly we're on
this major alert and yet two small planes managed to fly over the Golden
Gate Bridge not just once but 8 TIMES and the fighter planes didn't get
there in time?

Geez, and this is the kind of protection we have?And I'm supposed to feel
at all safe hearing things like this?!! Those two planes could have dropped
bombs, chemical warfare, or anything else with 8 passes over the Golden
Gate Bridge.

And they advertise it all over the news that we're doing such a lousy job
of protecting our country.... Yeah, just what Bin Laden and his cohorts
will love to hear! <shaking head>

And now they're talking about the nuclear fears, potential attacks to dams
and other bridges, too. So now only cars and not trucks or large vehicles
are allowed to cross our local dam and bridges. Gee, they can't put bombs
or lethal chemicals in cars?!

Then I just finished watching a report with Ted Koppel's NightLine at
Ground Zero at the WTC and at the site where they're sifting through all
the destruction to find body parts and personal belongings. September 11
all over again. There went my supply of Kleenex in the house tonight.

Well, my dog came over and sat on my lap and acted silly and cheered me up.
I guess he realized I wasn't ticked at him. ;-)

I have a tough time understanding why people can't just figure out how to
stop all this nonsense and just learn to be nice to each other and quit
judging and hating. <sigh> I know, it's just the way things are....

So, as weird as it seems, reading the story about the guy with the goat
helps bring me back to the more typical kind of news stories of life around
the world. I remarked to my son the other day that the news must be pretty
dull right now if it's worldwide news that our President choked on a
pretzel. These days I'd preferred dull boring news any ol' time.

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Web Site Design, Development     http://www.skdesigns.com/