[thechat] re: Milwaukee/Madison Beer/Wine-volt this Saturday

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Feb 7 11:45:01 CST 2002

Just a reminder, Milwaukee Beer/Wine-volt this Saturday! We've got a
pretty good crowd already(15), but more are always encouraged to meet up
with us... A number of folks from Madison are coming too(Ryan F,
Heather(i think), and Russ), so maybe you Madison folks could work out a
carpool or something :)

The original announcement is below with directions included, let me know
if anyone has questions or anything! :)

<tip type="Quark + Linux">
If you're like me, maybe you've wondered if there was a quark like
application out there for Linux.

Enter Scribus. http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/about.html

Released under the GPL, it aims to be a replacement for Quark and
competing products such as Adobe InDesign. At version 0.5, it looks to
be well on its way.

It takes a bit to compile, but I've found it very quick and pretty
feature rich
</tip>

.djc.

We're going to pull of the first weekend Milwaukee beervolt ever next
saturday.

Matt Warden is going to be in town for the weekend, and to honor his
arduous journey to the Great White North, we'll be gathering around 6pm
Sat evening.

Now, Megan has requested that the next Milwaukee Beervolt be labeled
'Milwaukee Cheese&Wine-volt', and althought it doesn't have the same ring,
we're happy to accomidate those with a penchant for the lighter variety of
alcholoic beverages. Thus, the Milwaukee Cheese&Wine-volt will be held at
the Trocedero on Water Street, convienently located just 150 feet from my
apartment :)

So, be it beer, wine, eclaires, Ginger Ale, or sausage, the Trocedero will
be able to accomodate all :)

The short version:

Saturday, Feb 9th at 6pm in the patio(near the back) of The Trocadero 1758
N Water St.. Directions:
http://mapsonus.switchboard.com/bin/maps-maponly/usr=~3c5b1c90.bf09.31d7.4/c=1/refsrc=onwisconsin/isredir=1/#planrouteform

Friend/SO's/partners/etc are encouraged to join us as well.. We don't
bite...

...hard ;)

.djc.