[thechat] News Update

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:48:15 CST 2002

I have mostly stopped reading the news, myself.  I can't take it anymore.
But yes, how easy is all of this?

http://www.nando.net/special_reports/terrorism/retaliation/story/241682p-2296170c.html

and then there's

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia_china/story.jsp?story=110213

George W. Bush is going to bankrupt us with his wars.

He is a man who loves death, who loves wielding the sword, and feels
as long as he's got that "Gott mit uns" engraving in his brain, all
will be right.

He is a man who has never had to live within a budget ever in his life.

I feel like an exile in my own country.

How can I be living in a place where George Bush is looked up to as a
leader, and where Britney Spears is looked up to as a singer?