[thechat] News Update

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Feb 9 03:30:00 CST 2002

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 06:11  pm, Miriam wrote:

> Canada is suing the US because they want to pollute more under NAFTA.

Ok, Miriam - I'm about to leave for a week's training where
I won't have email, but remind me when I'm back to highlight
how the US is using NATFA and other trade agreements to
prevent Canada and other countries from labelling genetically
modified or organic food as such (although I believe that they're
offering a compromise - as long as the definition of organic doesn't
include includes GM)

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,