Athlete interviews... Re: [thechat] Olympics...

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Mon Feb 11 23:18:00 CST 2002

On 2002.02.11 09:18, Scott Dexter wrote:

> *I'm speaking of Curling, that really cooky sport where they play
> shuffleboard with granite and brooms...

We won, we won... we won, we won, we won.  <Okay, that didn't come out quite
like it should have... there's more of a rhythm when you sing it while doing
a little booty dance.  ;-) >

Canada 8 - USA 3

Actually, you'd be pretty surprised.  At the opening ceremonies, CBC
interviewed the Skip from Canada's men's curling team.  Kevin Martin.
Anyway, he's balding and about early to mid-forties.  He looked like a coach
or a commentator, but he's as much an athlete as our 18 year old
snowboarders. He was very eloquent, and very well could have been a
sportscaster.

Anyway I put it though, there are obviously stereotypes out there.

I'll agree with you on Football and Basketball, but seriously, don't kid
yourself, some hockey players are dumb as posts. Despite their abilities to
play the game.  By that same token, some hockey players are just as smart as
their play.

-d
ps. We were just robbed of a gold medal in figure skating pairs.  Damn
russians. <shrug>
____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org