[thechat] Olympics: Excellence or Cooperation?

Dave McLean dave at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 12 10:40:02 CST 2002

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2601386

 From the Weekly Standard

Olympic Farce
Once upon a time, the Olympics were about patriotism and the celebration of
virtue. Now they're a multi-culti festival.

WHEN I LIVED in Europe, I used to watch the Olympics on European TV. I loved
watching the BBC because their announcers were so good, but the problem was
that if, say, a British runner came in eleventh in a particular race, you
never found out who came in the top ten. Their cameras would only focus on
the local hero....

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2601386

-d