[thechat] Enterprise Manager is dead

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Feb 12 10:49:01 CST 2002

Scott Dexter wrote:
> run mmc.exe /a from a command line, it will open a blank MMC that you
> can add components to, try it that way... (what's happening is one of
> the plug-in references in the .msc file is pointing to nowhere er
> something)
>
> sgd

I tried that.  Forgot to mention that trouble-shooting step.  In the
list of components, SQL Enterprise Manager shows up as a folder (no
custom icon) and when I select it, it throws the Snap-in failed error.

I also searched the Microsoft KB about this issue and didn't find
anything.  Now if only Microsoft had real support, so I could ask them...

Thanks,
Judah