[thechat] Secrets of recovering from injury

Paul Cowan paul at wishlist.com.au
Tue Feb 12 23:22:00 CST 2002

Madhu Menon wrote:
> One Australian athlete has found the magic elixir for
> recovering from major injuries.

It clearly works only as a curative, not a preventative, because the
athlete in question, Jacqui Cooper, shattered her knee in training
yesterday and will not be competing in these Olympic Games, or
indeed anything much for quite some time.

(to paraphrase the movie "Bring It On": 'She'll strictly be skiing
Special Olympics until August')

According to a radio report yesterday, she landed awkwardly,
her knee "collapsed" underneath her and she (here I quote, or
at least paraphrase)  "slid down the side of the mountain
screaming".

Charming (though I have no idea how accurate that report is).

More here:
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/2002/02/13/FFXWPGMKKXC.html

Cheers,

Paul.