[thechat] LOTR soundtrack

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 13:01:00 CST 2002

--- Joel Canfield <Joel at spinhead.com> wrote:
> After reading/hearing multiple scathing reviews of
> this soundtrack, I've
> decided I'd rather be an uneducated cretin than stop
> listening to all my
> favorite music. I thought the soundtrack was perfect
> during the movie, and
> I'm listening right now while I work, and it sure
> doesn't lose anything.

funny, i'm listening to it right now and i have been
listening to it non-stop since dec 23.  i'm worried i
might get sick of it but so far i haven't.  i could
hum the whole soundtrack to you by now.

the last time i saw the film i actually enjoyed paying
more attention to the music, how it supports the
action and the landscape, listening out for certain
themes, like the 'death theme' (when gandalf and
boromir die) or the cheerful hobbit theme.

i've been collecting soundtracks all my life and i
find the LOTR soundtrack absolutely beautiful.  i
especially love those moments after heavy doom and
danger themes when it suddenly breaks into this
monumental glorious heroic uplifting theme which
really makes you feel like all hope is not lost.  a
really well done emotional journey.

iris

=====