[thechat] LOTR soundtrack

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Sat Feb 16 20:32:00 CST 2002

>> the last time i saw the film i actually enjoyed paying
>> more attention to the music, how it supports the
>> action and the landscape, listening out for certain
>> themes, like the 'death theme' (when gandalf and
>> boromir die) or the cheerful hobbit theme.
>
><mode="throwing caution to the wind 'cos I'm merry">

aren't you more of a pippin? at least, that's what all the beervolt pics
seem to indicate . . .

>Yeah.... but it's not Star Wars is it.
>
></mode>
>

>G. "hehehe"

I love John Williams, but it's sure nice to hear something else, too. I was
starting to think it was only JW and Danny Elfman scoring movies these days.
LOTR brought a lot of people into the limelight, and I think that's a good
thing. And I hope Sir Ian wins the Oscar.

joel