[thechat] Time for a change......Canada

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 08:51:00 CST 2002

Chris,

on Monday, February 18, 2002, 2:28:55 PM, Chris wrote:

::
> Well, I am not sure what the work is like, but I do know that Whistler
> is an incredibly expensive place to live. Your best bet would be to move
> to Surrey or to Vancouver.
::
Thanks I will bear that in mind.

::
> At least then you might have a chance to get
> high speed internet connection.
::
high speed as in ADSL or T type connection?  I'm on ISDN at the
moment. (or is it ASDL - I can never remember which way round the S
and the D go!!)

::
> As for bringing pets over, be prepared
> for a possible lengthy quarantine period for the dog.
::
Do you know if there are things I could do to avoid/lessen the
quarantine?    - or where I could find out this kind of thing.

::
> Where are you moving from and do you have any kind of work visa to work
> in Canada?
::
I'm in the UK at the moment, and to be totally honest I've only just
started thinking about doing this.  So I have no visa or anything at
the moment.  Somebody mentioned that they had recently been to a
meeting where people were trying to encourage people from here to
emigrate to Canada.  I wasn't at the meeting and I need to find out a
bit more about what went on there.

::
> Work in Canada, as far as I can tell is slow, just like the rest of the
> world, and an attitude that business don't really see the point of a
> website, or at least don't want to pay for one. (This is from my part of
> Canada - Toronto at least) So, it may be very hard to get Canadian
> clients.
::
Is canada heading for the same recession as USA?

::
> But, with all that said, Good Luck if you decide to move. It is a
> beautiful country, with Whistler being one of its best spots, and the
> best country in the world to live in.
::
Do you recommend any other areas that is close to good
skiing/snowboarding that maybe isn't quite as popular as Whistler.

--
bfn
 kristina

kristina at kfx-design.co.uk