[thechat] niagara falls

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Mon Feb 18 13:09:00 CST 2002

>  .... Slowly I turned ... and step by step ....

that's one of the funniest Three Stooges routines ever

i can practically recite the whole thing

    "Hiya, pal"

    "Did you call me 'pal'?  Why, I haven't heard that word for years..."

            [ snip lots ]

    "... until I finally caught up with him in Niagara Falls.
              NIAGARA FALLS!!  Slowly I turned... "

it's from Gents Without Cents, released in 1944, the 81st Three Stooges
short film that starred Curly

Curly suffered a stroke during the filming of the 97th (his last) in 1946,
and never really recovered, spending the next five-plus years confined to a
wheelchair, in and out of hospitals... Curly died January 18, 1952, at the
age of forty-eight

i've got all 97 curly films on videotape (taped off television, commercials
edited out)

rudy