[thechat] City dwellers...

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Feb 19 13:11:03 CST 2002

On 12:39 PM 2/19/2002, Joe Crawford said to me:
>>but I'm in Portland now, and I consider that to be a "large" city.
>>Adrian is in Buffalo, NY.  I consider that large, also.  I thought
>>you said you were in San Diego?  and Shirley is in Sacramento... not
>>the cow town you might think it is...  Marlene in Palo Alto (moved
>>from D.C.)
>

> > I consider all these places to be big cities...
> >
> > but then I grew up in the middle of a redwood forest...
>
>These are "larger cities?" I think these all have less than a million
>people. Probably much less.
>
>Anyone with a nice city population lookup?

Well...it's not a lookup, but here's a chart of the Top 50 Cities in the
U.S. by Population:
<http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html>

San Diego, CA      7 (1,223,400)
Dallas, TX         8 (1,188,580)
Portland, OR      28 (529,121)
Sacramento, CA    40 (407,018)

I also seem to recall Buffalo being on the list before (but like #50 or
so)...but they seem to have fallen off in 2000.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.