[thechat] City dwellers...

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Tue Feb 19 13:29:00 CST 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:

>> These are "larger cities?" I think these all have less than a million
>> people. Probably much less.
>
> I guess you and I have different definitions of "large," so-cal boy.

(There are some obvious jokes available to me here, but I shall defer). ;-)

I define large city by:
	- more than a million people
	- has a tower records
	- has quality 24-hour food (NOT fast food, NOT denny's, a good
  	  diner) (by this metric, San Diego is marginally a big city)

and that - of course, is my own peculiar point of view. :-)

Ben Dyer wrote:

> Well...it's not a lookup, but here's a chart of the Top 50 Cities in the
> U.S. by Population:
> <http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html>
>
> San Diego, CA      7 (1,223,400)
> Dallas, TX         8 (1,188,580)
> Portland, OR      28 (529,121)
> Sacramento, CA    40 (407,018)
>
> I also seem to recall Buffalo being on the list before (but like #50 or
> so)...but they seem to have fallen off in 2000.

Good stuff.

I'm thinking that my theory is dust. Seems like the distribution of
evolt members is a nice random distributuion.

I want my evolt map! We need evidence! :-)

	- joe <http://artlung.com/>