[thechat] Re: City dwellers...

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Feb 19 17:09:01 CST 2002

On 04:55 PM 2/19/2002, Cheryl Baringer said to me:
>I dunno about Chicago, but I wonder if the "sprawl" in Dallas has
>anything to do with it. I live 35 miles northwest of downtown Dallas,
>and work 20 miles east of my home. Not exactly in a hub of 'net
>development, but I'm still considered to work in "Dallas".

Hey, I thought there were other Dallasites than just Scott, Seth and
myself... :)

I'm tired and bored, so let me take a random stab at this... live in
Lewisville?  Work in Plano?

Oh, wait.  Alcatel.  So, yeah, Plano, at least. :)

>PS. As to the "cow" issue, our European coworkers are always amused that
>we drive past farms and cows and horses, just to get to a restaurant for
>lunch.. ;>

OK, maybe it's just me, then (live/work in Downtown Dallas).  The closest
thing to cows I see on any regular basis are the ones at Fry's. :)

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.