[thechat] who thought *this* was a good idea?

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Thu Feb 21 02:25:01 CST 2002

At 05:14 PM 2/20/2002, David McCreath wrote:
>Forgot to mention that I'm *not* on a Mac. I use an uncalibrated Samsung
>monitor on Windows 2000. So there. ;p

<big chuckle> Ah! I should have mentioned that I'm also on Windows 2000 but
with a calibrated Sony Multiscan G420.

>I think part of it is some basic knowledge in understanding how *other*
>people perceive colors and name them. For example, Martin's assertion
>that none of those colors was really fuschia. Maybe not, but every
>American knows that "fuschia" is a really hot pink, so you take the
>hottest pink they have. Like the names of crayons and paints, ya know?

Yes, exactly. Very good points here, David. For me, some of the colors were
pretty darn obvious, while others I took the closest to what I thought.

It was interesting to me also that the "norm" score was averaging 15.xxx
and I wonder also if those scores are really based on color recognition,
monitor color accuracy, or a combination of both. Just curious.... I know
it's just a for fun test.

Nice diversion from an otherwise wacko week. :-) Thanks!!

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Website Design, Development      http://www.skdesigns.com/