[thechat] The Zompist Phrasebook

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Feb 21 13:11:01 CST 2002

<http://www.zompist.com/phrases.html>

A listing of..."useful"...phrases in Spanish, French and German, including:

   - I wish to complain.
   - It's better in the States.
   - I may be drunk, but tomorrow morning I shall be sober, and you will
still be ugly.
   - Don't "imperialist pig" me, my good man.

Of course, it's even funnier if you speak these languages as some of the
translations are...mmm...not quite accurate:

   I understand your language perfectly.

   Je parle français comme une vache espagnole.
   Hablo español como un gringo borracho.
   Ich sprechen deutsch wie italienisch Fussballtrainer.

Reminded me of the Hungarian Phrasebook sketch from Monty Python.

<http://www.serve.com/bonzai/monty/classics/TheHungarianPhrasebookSketch>

"I will not buy this record, it is scratched."
"No, no, no.  This is a tobacconist's."

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.