[thechat] Vegetable names across the world was: who thought *this* was a good idea?

Kath Kath at cyber-kat.com
Thu Feb 21 18:26:01 CST 2002

At 12:05 PM 2/21/02 +0000, you wrote:

>Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers
>
>-------------------- Start of message text --------------------
>Ask for an 'egg plant' outwith the US and you'll get funny looks.
>Much of the rest of the world calls the same plant an aubergine.

LOL - been outside the US a few times.  Guess I never ordered eggplant
anywhere, because this is the first time I've heard that.

Thanks - you gotta learn something new every day, right?

>Another fun one is zucchini, which much of the world has followed the
>French name - courgette.
>We could also talk about paw-paw -v- papaya, but I don't know who
>uses which for that.

More new ones - I eat zucchini and and papaya, though I prefer zucchini <g>

Kath ...
Me --> www.cyber-kat.com
work --> www.winebow.com