[thechat] Today is Doomsday

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Feb 28 17:54:00 CST 2002

joe, it ain't a blog, i swear, but i *had* to post this --

    Today, the last day of February, affectionately known as
    Doomsday [http://www.interlog.com/~r937/doomsday.html],
    is a Thursday. So right away, you know that April 4, June 6,
    August 8, October 10, and December 12 are all Thursdays
    this year. "I work 9-5 at the 7-11" so September 5, May 9,
    July 11, and November 7 are also Thursdays this year. Finally,
    since it's not a leap year, January 31 was a Thursday.

    July 4 (for both of my US readers; you know who you are, and
    thanks again for visiting my site) is a Thursday. That means
    July 1, Canada Day, is three days earlier, a Monday. September
    2 is a Monday, so September 2 will be Labour Day. October 7
    is a Monday, but that will be the first Monday in October, so
    Thanksgiving is October 14 (Columbus Day, for you Yanks).
    Christmas Eve is a Tuesday, as is New Year's Eve a week later.

rudy