[thechat] Today is Doomsday

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri Mar 1 14:21:06 CST 2002

At 09:48 PM 2/28/2002, you typed:

> >    July 4 (for both of my US readers; you know who you are, and
> >    thanks again for visiting my site) is a Thursday. That means
>
>Hey, who's my competition?
>
>So, anyway, what's this July 4 thing about? Something to do with your site,
>rudy? (Sittende Mai I know about, as does any good Wisconsin farm boy)
>
>joel

And I have always found your calendar stuff most fascinating, Rudy. Thanks
for the tip about Doomsday.

What I'm also wondering is that my son was born on a Friday the 13th (May)
and last year he also turned 13 years old. People tease him about being
jinxed (you probably know the old superstitions about Friday the 13th, or
is that a strictly U.S. thing?), but my take has always been that it was a
lucky day, not at all a jinxed day.

So are there very many Friday the 13ths in a year, or do you have a
calculation for that?

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com