nerd? what? where?! (was Re: [thechat] listiquette

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Mar 1 16:48:00 CST 2002

At 12:11 PM 3/1/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Are you both *computer nerds* (I mean that in an endearing way) ?  I ask
>that because my husband
>and I are both *computer nerds* and our computers sit next to each other
>in the same room.  It
>seems to be rare that 2 *computer nerds* meet and marry - only because we
>are the only *nerd
>couple* we know.   If that makes any sense...

Nope, actually we're both literary types -- we met in an English Lit class
and both sort of backed into computer related stuff. He sells POS/backroom
systems to member retail stores (TruServ if anybody keeps track of that
sort of stuff) and knows just slightly less _about_ computers than I do
which is really scary and probably why we have so many dead boxes here.

I ended up in Journalism and thought PageMaker was kinda neat, til I
*discovered* the web which is another long story that probably only amuses me.

So he talks about the benefits of outsourcing payroll (mostly because his
company's new system doesn't do payroll) while I do happy dances over
making arrays work. Thank goodness we have a kid or we probably wouldn't
have anything to talk about anymore now that we've gone electronic.

Although, I still think it's funny when we e-mail each other. I mean, I
guess we could just like, maybe, I dunno -- talk????

8-)