[thechat] A clear lack of understanding

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Fri Mar 1 18:08:01 CST 2002

On 2002.03.01 13:20, Judah McAuley wrote:

> Growth is fundamentally not sustainable.  Unchecked growth is cancer.
> Until its recognized that unchecked growth within a system of finite
> resources is suicide, we will continue to hurtle toward an ugly
> extinction.

Scene 28: Virus to be cured
INT.  PRESIDENTIAL SUITE (MATRIX) - DAY

Agent Smith sits casually across from Morpheus who is hunched over, his body
leaking and twitching.

AGENT SMITH
I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to
me when I tried to classify your species.  I've realized that you are not
actually mammals.

The life signs continue their chaotic patterns.

AGENT SMITH
Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium
with the surrounding   environment.  But you humans do not.  You move to an
area and you multiply and multiply until every   natural resource is
consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

He leans forward.

AGENT SMITH
There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern.  Do
you know what it is?  A virus.

He smiles.

AGENT SMITH
Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.  You are a plague.  And
we are... the cure.

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org