[thechat] Developers without websites?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Mar 5 16:48:01 CST 2002

I have but a one pager at http://thinksafely.org

but that's because I'm (surprisingly) happily employed with a great gig
(http://ti3.com)

<tip>
To prevent IIS from returning its ip address to malformed queries, do
this:

Open a command prompt and change the current directory to

c:\inetpub\adminscripts or to where the adminscripts can be found.

Run the commands
adsutil set w3svc/UseHostName True
net stop iisadmin /y
net start w3svc

--if you get an error running adsutil, use this form instead:

cscript.exe adsutil.vbs w3svc/UseHostName true

</tip>

sgd