[thechat] Developers without websites?

Cory Preus cory_preus at cnt.com
Tue Mar 5 16:52:00 CST 2002

> And for those that do have a site, do you do it for yourself?  To
> communicate with others?  Do you worry about keeping it current?

I have had a site for about two years now and just started another
(non-personal, but all by me). The reason I do it is outside the scope of me
flexing my web professional muscle. It is a place for me to write creatively
with an audience that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Do I worry about keeping it up-to-date? Not really. Since my purpose is
creative writing and not trying out newfangled programming techniques, it is
fairly easy to keep it current. I suggest finding something that lends
itself to a web site rather than the converse. That is by far the best way
I've found to keep me and my audience happy.

Personal Plugs:
http://www.bloody-hell.com/
and
http://www.wrote.org/