[thechat] Developers without websites?

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Tue Mar 5 17:01:00 CST 2002

At 02:36 PM 3/5/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>And for those that do have a site, do you do it for yourself?  To
>communicate with others?  Do you worry about keeping it current?

I have one that I never really work on except in times of extreme
humiliation (which now that I'm posting this, please, don't look at it --
it's never going to be really done)

I mostly use mine for the e-mail -- I tend to change providers at whim and
I really despise yahoo, et al, but, I paid for the domain, so at least
friends and family can find me at this address.

I started sub-contracting recently and one of the people I plan to work
with has a web site, sorta, and since I'd like to refer that odd referral
-- well, now I'm doing his web site so I can send that occasional referral
over there. He gets too busy doing other sites so he doesn't do his own either.

Oh, hey, if this subcontracting thing takes off, maybe I won't have to do
my site ever again!

Yay!

<t />