[thechat] Some Movie / TV stuff

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 18:31:00 CST 2002

Since Andrew gently reminded me that I was OT with my
CVS/RCS question, please consider the following:

Last weekend a friend was visiting from Dallas. Being
flabbergasted that I'd never seen an episode of Mr.
Bean he brought along a video tape with 3 episodes on
it. I almost cracked a rib at one point. From laughing
that is. Hear tell that the movie sucked, though.

Pleased to see that Lord of the Rings is doing well at
the box office. I was afraid it would go
unappreciated.
Currently ranked #8 in all time world-wide earnings.
(http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/)
I've only seen it six times. Will be going again on
March 22 or 23 when it's supposed to have a new three
minute preview for part 2 - The Two Towers - added on
to the end. Oh, and 13 Oscar nominations as well as
Best Picture, director, and some others at the BAFTA
awards. And I'm finally reading the Silmarillion.

Last Saturday I watched yet another satisfying episode
of Stargate SG-1 on Fox. Then turned off the vcr and
was about to turn off the tv when an X-File rerun came
on. Scully was sitting talking to a couple of
obviously
high-up FBI guys and the smoking man was standing off
to the side leaning on a file cabinet during a
conversation that went something like "Have you heard
of Fox Mulder? We want you to work with him" and then
Scully goes down to the basement and meets Mulder for
clearly the first time. So, it seems that after all
this time I may have finally seen the first episode.
And didn't record it. What a moron. Flame me now,
please. In case you're a late comer to X-Files like
me,
you might be interested in knowing that that episode
had Billy Miles in it. Actually, I just found out it
was the pilot! And I didn't record it.

Okay, back to perl clearcase wrappers now.

Terry